We are urgently looking for following resource for our Direct client requirement
TITLE: Technical Writer - API Documentation
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6 to 12+ Months
- API Documentation experience is must
- 5 to 12 years of experience desired
- Content writing
- Please submit examples of prior work with the resumes. Either documents or links are okay.
- Please focus more on great content writers vs. candidates that may be great with the tools.
As a critical member of Walmart’s Global Ecommerce Organization, your key responsibility will be to help create accurate, detailed and yet simplified content to help Walmart’s developer ecosystem consume content off our Partner API platform. As the first consumer of newer capabilities of our API platforms, you will be required to not only document these API’s, but also critically assess their functionality on offer and recommend changes that will help make the end developer’s life easier and more productive.
- Write API documentation for API users, such as API reference docs and developer guides. Keep emphasis on documentation that is technically accurate and brings clarity for even complex processes.
- Review documents written by developers / PM’s for a particular API and suggest changes / seek clarity to externalize the same documents.
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code to reduce grounds-up efforts of external developers.
- Develop and use all types of content types (workflows / process schematics / instructional videos / developer consoles) to simplify the user’s understanding of the Open API’s.
- Be the first to respond to developer queries on API forums and put effort to resolve the issue yourself, without needing to check with the core development organization.
- Use your extensive knowledge of the needs of developers and pass this feedback internally to develop the next set of Open API’s.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, technical writing, core sciences or equivalent experience.
- 5-12 years experience in technical documentation, and / or developer outreach / technology partner management roles.
- Knowledge of tools such as Markdown, JSON tools, XML Tools, Wordpress, Lucid Chart, Visio
- Experience using Git to manage asynchronous collaboration across large and distributed teams
- Experience with authoring documentation in Markdown is must
- Familiarity with API documentation tools such as Swagger
- Knowledge of REST APIs is a must.
- Demonstrate experience in writing and proofreading of content, especially technology related content.
- Ability to organize and create multimedia content to explain use cases and process flows.
- Ability to handle stressful, time critical projects and deliver great user outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate well with various functional areas like product management, business, support, development to generate great content
- Great communication skills and ability to work well with others is a must