One of our direct client is urgently looking for Business Analyst (Hive, Python, Analytics) @ San Mateo,CA
TITLE: Business Analyst (Hive, Python, Analytics)
LOCATION: San Mateo, CA
DURATION: 6 Months
JOB SCOPE: Cleint s looking for a talented and experienced Web Analytics Engineer (Contractor) who can contribute to the success of our web analytics initiatives. As a member of the Walmart.com Marketing Analytics Data Engineering, this role is responsible for managing and building web analytic processes. As a business- facing technical role, this is an ideal position for analytics product managers who enjoy both a technical challenge and the opportunity to work closely with non-technical business and marketing professionals.
KEY AREAS: This role is 80% technical, 20% business communication.
- Must have implemented tagging and tracking with either Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- MUST be familiar with Hadoop, SQL, Linux shell scripting, Github
- Knowledge of server-side programming language is preferred but not required.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
At least 5 years of experience in technical environment
2 years of analytics involvement whether in technical side or business side.
ABOUT JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analytic Platforms – Planning & Execution (40%)
- Manages site tagging standards and integrity by developing web analytics strategy, processes and methodologies; drives optimization of systems implementation and reporting.
- Gathering business requirements for new tagging requests; delivering solution design recommendations for tagging to product and engineering teams; partnering closely with the product and engineering teams to identify gaps in current data capture strategy and collaborating to implement enhancements; prioritizing enhancements needed to current implementation; ensuring site tagging and measurement standard provides necessary visibility into impact and value of new initiatives or new product releases; and driving standardization, governance, and communication of analytics.
- Manage analytic platform/product pipelines to ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Site Analytics by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating analytic platform business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous support to the data collection process.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
2, Data Accuracy and Platform Integrations (30%)
- Periodic data validation on data collection variables and collaborate with technical team to make tagging changes. This individual will make sure our analytic tools meet internal customers’ needs while satisfying scalability, reliability and other performance requirements.
- Responsible for supporting development of enterprise data warehouse that collects web traffic and marketing campaign data, management dashboards, website behavior analysis, data consolidation, and validation.
- Delivers insights into analytic platform performance by providing objective reporting; focusing the organization on meaningful metrics; measuring success against objectives for all customer facing product releases; evaluating data accuracy within reporting and dashboard tools for effectiveness; and measuring impact of any changes to site (for example, new functionality).
- Collaboration with various business stakeholders in scoping out multiple analytic platform (marketing/merchandising/e-Commerce professionals) integration capabilities. Responsible for building product specifications for platform functionalities. Application of innovative thinking and problem solving is important for this role.
3, Partnering, Training & Platform Governance: (30%)
- Partnering with the Product and Engineering teams to drive the implementation and enhancement of analytics tracking on Wlmart.com and its other web properties;
- Evangelize analytic concepts and serves as an advocate for web analytics by striving to improve skills and capabilities within the web metrics space; creating and maintaining a data driven culture at across all e-Commerce business units.