One of our direct client is urgently looking for Big Data Software Engineer @San Mateo, CA
TITLE: Big Data Software Engineer (Java/Spark/Kafka)
LOCATION: San Mateo, CA
DURATION: 6 Months
Our mission is to provide an accurate, compelling catalog with millions of products covering thousands of merchant partners – and build highly relevant search and other services to take our e-commerce offering to the next level. This platform supports global business units from many countries including USA, Japan, UK, Germany, Canada and others.
We are looking for Big Data Java engineers. The position is located in San Mateo.
You will be responsible for leading design & development of Product Catalog & Search components including storage, search, large data processing (stream & batch), APIs, analytics, tools and web services.
This is a great opportunity to join early in the team and build/own the infrastructure. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- 1-5 years of solid Java back-end experience
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, OOPS principles and data structures
- Strong knowledge of at least some of the following frameworks/technologies – Hibernate, Spring, REST, XML, JSON, ActiveMQ, Kafka
- Experience with any of these technologies a HUGE plus: Big Data (Cassandra / Hadoop), Spark, Beam, Kafka, Cloud (AWS or Google Cloud)
- Experience with tools and technologies like Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, git, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Docker to support end to end software development
- Experience with Relational databases, queries and RDBMS best practices as a consumer
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced Agile development and rapid deployment in the Cloud/SaaS environment.
- Project lead experience a plus
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field