One of our direct client is urgently looking for Business Analyst at Sunnyvale, CA
TITLE: Business Analyst
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6 Months
Define and promote the re engineering and improvement of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes; particularly in the context of Agile Service Management.
Align key service management process with best practice to enable agility and ensure continual improvement and value creation. Promote consistency and standardization in major process areas. Aggregate data, define entry points, define how we capture, evaluate and establish work streams/pathways. Create models for handling different types of changes incidents and problems. Clarify service definitions, mapping, incident processes, and communication. Orchestrate the activities of cross-functional participants representing development, Incident, Problem, and Change management each of which has clear responsibilities at a given decision gate.
Convert typical stage-gate development process to a decision-gate process. Conduct value stream exercises to identify the waste and determine non-value added work that consumes resources. Define process to support Change Management automation strategy. Document automated change management process for development pipeline to accelerate change.
* Adapts Agile/Scrum practices to ITSM process design
* Map organizations to enterprise incident, problem and change management processes
* Take a data driven approach to recommend solutions to improve process effectiveness
* Implements service management in small, integrated increments
* Ensures ITSM processes reflect Agile values from initial design through CSI
* Attend post Incident reviews to develop structure problem solving techniques
* Managing and prioritizing a process backlog (OE process action items)
* Collaborating with process stakeholders and other process owners
* Overseeing Agile process design and improvement activities
* Monitoring and measuring process performance
* Conducting process reviews and identifying improvements
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization�s systems and capabilities. Analyzes business partner�s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications.
Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise�s competitive edge. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically has 1 to 3 years of relevant technical or business work experience.