TITLE: Performance Engineer (Jmeter/Cloud/Java)
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6 to 12+ Months
• Own end-to-end performance with a shift-left attitude through design, launch, and operation: Support architecture design, influence requirements, and help support new product launch.
• Tackle performance issues for cutting edge technologies. Analyze and debug difficult server-side performance issues, identify bottlenecks and optimize product/service performance to improve overall experience.
• Work collaboratively with a large group of engineers from all disciplines within Engineering to improve code base performance (e.g. algorithm redesign), reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency and present findings to a group with a varying degree of technical as well as business experience.
• Provide deep visibility to what is going on for an ecommerce site: Run performance and capacity experiments to determine scaling and utilization parameters for various service tiers.
• Proactively investigate site performance issues in production and work with systems, network, application operations and engineering teams to discover resolutions.
• Effectively collaborate and communicate for better performance governance across all teams in Walmart. Present performance-related findings to various teams.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or other technical field.
• 5+ years’ experience in a performance engineering, capacity engineering or site reliability role for customer facing solutions preferably in ecommerce.
• Experience in Performance testing, profiling, tuning and monitoring tools, especially testing tools such as Apache JMeter, or LoadRunner.
• Experience in coding/scripting languages such as Java, PHP, Python or Perl.
• Experience with Databases (Relational and NoSQL) and/or caching solutions
• Knowledge of technologies used in building scalable, distributed systems in virtualized cloud-like environments.
• Solid DevOps skills in troubleshooting live applications, assessing performance bottlenecks of applications running on Linux.
• Ability to successfully lead multiple projects while remaining highly technical.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).