We are urgently looking for following resource for our Direct client requirement
TITLE: System Engineer Scientist
LOCATION: Muskegon, MI
DURATION: FTE / Full-time
Compensation : Competitive salary + benefits
* Client is unable to accept any candidate on Visa
* Candidate should be able to gain Secret Level Security Clearance
* Relocation assistance is available for non-local candidates
This role is about military powertrain/ Engine solutions.
The Systems Engineering Scientist will be responsible for the design, including requirements definition and analysis, system architecture definition and assessment, subsystem specification, design reviews, subsystem acceptance and system integration, test plans/procedures and test for military powertrain solutions.
The system may be new development or a reliability improvement. The system may be comprised of multiple subsystems, may be a subsystem in a larger system or an enhancement of an existing system or subsystem. The candidate will apply basic engineering/technical principles, theories and concepts using standard techniques, processes, practices or specific methods.
- Responsible for engine and transmission system performance modeling, vehicle performance modeling, and component performance modeling.
- Responsible to allocate and derive requirements from vehicle, engine, and transmission system level down to the component level using a systems simulation model in Excel, Matlab, Simulink is must
- Technical lead of cross-functional matrixed project team (ME, EE, Software, etc.) for engineering projects through the Systems Requirements Review to ensure engineering requirements are met.
- Author engineering technical reports for submission to the customer.
- Participate or lead new engine and transmission proposals.
- Provide input to product specifications and design verification test plans to ensure that they adequately capture all data to assess requirements compliance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to gain security clearance as required
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical BS degree with a minimum of 15 years engineering experience.
- At least 10 years experience working as a Systems Engineer (15 years engineering experience overall).
- Experience with vehicle / sub system / components
- Experience in Power Train, Engine, Transmission
- Matlab experience is must
- Creo / 3D-CAD is nice to have
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering.
- Expert product knowledge of transmissions, engines, and powerpack integration into tracked vehicles.
- An understanding of working with CAD models and programs in Pro E (Creo).
- Experience in developing products for the defense industry.