We are urgently looking for Back-End Engineer for our Direct client.
TITLE: Back-End Engineer
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6+ months
* Strong Java is MUST. Some python, scala is good, not must
* Kafka or any other streaming platform
* Camel, Solr is desired
* Big data is good to have, not must
- Develops innovation strategies, processes, and best practices.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects.
- Supports and ensures business objectives being met.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design.
- Leads the work of other small group of 3 to 4 engineers for assigned Engineering projects - Leads and participates in end to end service implementations, data feeds ingestion, and orchestration.
- Designs and implements low latency services.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues .
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years’ experience or Master's Degree + 4 years experience building scalable e-commerce applications
- 5+ years of experience with building scalable, high performing and robust applications; design, develop, test and operate code across multiple productions systems
- Advanced coding skills in /Java/Python and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with Intellij, Eclipse or other IDE development tools
- Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with no-sql technologies like Cassandra, couchbase or Hbase.
- Experience with big data methodologies involving Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
- Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, JIRA, etc)
- Writing code for large-scale Analytics systems that are capable of ingesting, managing, storing and analyzing hundreds of terabytes of data