We are urgently looking for Technical Writer for our Direct client requirement
TITLE: Technical Writer
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6+ Months
Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately. As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help center queries and FAQs. Technical writers play a big part at Walmart. They are a key link between engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates, as well as all the external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the Walmart ecosystem.
We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's and retails greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users worldwide. At Walmart, engineers revolutionize the way people shop, they routinely work on massive, large-scale applications while changing the world one technological achievement after another to help people save money to live better.
- Write, publish and maintain high-quality help content and user interface (UI) messaging.
- Manage the production and publishing of documentation.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, developer relations and UX designers.
- Identify user needs, use cases and metrics to focus priorities.
- Write, edit and properly position white papers, presentations, think pieces and other content for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- BA degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience writing software documentation in a web production environment.
- Writing and editing experience. Must be able to provide writing samples.
- Experience working closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
- Experience in project and process management of a documentation set.
- Experience in content management systems and/or help tools.
- Track record of problem solving and innovation.