We are urgently looking for Software Engineer for our Direct client.
TITLE: Software Engineer
LOCATION: San Bruno, CA
DURATION: 6+ months
- Lead quality assurance testing for large-scale, eCommerce web applications, tools, and/or software
- Support continuous integration process improvement and innovation
- Write test plans, test strategy and test cases (automated)
- Identify opportunities for improved software development lifecycle
- Troubleshoot critical defects in software coding
- Work closely with the Developers and Engineers to achieve a high level of code coverage
- Assists in providing guidance to offshore associates
- Socialize and Collaborate testing efforts with peers
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops software quality assurance (SQA) project plans
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Performs quality assurance testing for large-scale, eCommerce web applications, tools, and software
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides test results for coding errors
- Supports code development for eCommerce projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience developing and testing highly distributed, complex eCommerce Platforms
- At least 2+ years hands-on scripting (automation) experience in any of the following languages – JAVA or similar
- Experience testing software at API and webservice level
- Able to perform testing for feed in various formats like XML, json, edi,csv
- Experience testing different web service methodologies REST, SOAP, over XML, JSON payloads
- Experience testing message (JMS/Kafka) based application integrations
- Understanding of web technology including HTTP headers, HTTP Verbs (post, get, etc).
- Validating and certifying web services using Soap UI / TestNG / Cucumber etc tools
- Strong prior experience in QA test technologies such as JUnit, TestNG or equivalent technologies.
- QE experience in J2EE technologies strongly preferred
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
- Hands-on experience working with relational database (Oracle, MySQL)
- Hands on experience working with SQL Query, sqlldr
- Experience with white box testing and building testing frameworks.
- Participate in Performance testing using JMeter, Loadrunner, Jprofiler.
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Knowledge to Enterprise Integration patterns.
- Familiarity with Unix commands and script tastings.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (Jenkins/Hudson/CruiseControl/Maven/Ant)
- Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, EMMA, Cobertura, Jacoco etc)
- Experience and knowledge of cloud enabled services / applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Eclipse, STS or other IDE development tools
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git, CVS