One of our direct client is urgently looking for Software Engineer
for our Direct client requirement
TITLE: Sr. Software Engineer - Statistical Modeling
LOCATION: Santa Clara, CA
DURATION: 1 year (High possibility of convert in to full time)
Client is getting ready to push the boundaries of medical diagnostics with a bleeding-edge new DNA sequencer. We use biophysics and biochemistry to read DNA at the single molecule level, attaining exquisite resolution and accuracy at a massive throughput. Developing our unique platform requires expertise across a range of fields: biophysics, biochemistry, software engineering, data science, machine learning, protein engineering, and circuit design, just to name a few. We combine the entrepreneurial spirit and agility of a startup with the stability and long-term view of client.
The Statistical Modeling team’s primary mission is to mathematically model the sequencer and use those models to guide research and development within client. This is a tremendous responsibility and we are seeking an equally talented scientist. As an integral part of our team, you will contribute your creativity, expertise and relationships to develop biophysical and electro chemical mathematical models for the sequencer, and use those models to improve internal R&D pipelines and simulate future performance and designs. You will also perform deep dives into data and distill both experiments and simulations to help guide experimental teams in hitting both near-term development targets and multi-year moonshots.
Our culture is very open, innovative and supportive. Join us in driving the genomic revolution!
- Apply a deep understanding of technology innovation to solve complex, ambiguous, and novel problems.
- Contribute to evolving, multiple research pipelines.
- Implement new algorithms to enhance simulation and inference pipelines.
- Enhance code efficiency through design, testing, and documentation.
- Collaborate with other data science teams: signal processing, deep learning, and bioinformatics.
- Support the Statistical Modeling team discussions by demonstrating technology with compelling and clear communication.
- MS in Biophysics, Physics, Life Sciences, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building robust, scalable software products.
- Experience with Python Programming
- Fluency with modern software engineering practices: version control, code reviews, automated testing, etc.
- Clear thinker and communicator, verbal and writing; collaborative attitude
- PhD in Biophysics, Physics, Life Sciences, Computer Science, or other relevant field.
- Experience with TensorFlow-Probability, or another probabilistic framework is a big plus.
- Experience in genomics.
- Experience with cloud computing.
MS in Biophysics, Physics, Life Sciences, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience