Back to Jobs
Sr Software Engineer - Java / data mining / NoSQL
We are urgently looking to fill following position with our Direct client
Title - Sr Software Engineer - Java / data mining / NoSQL
Duration - 6+ months
Location - Wayne PA
Rate : DOE
- No third party or Corp-to-corp candidate for this position, please. Only Direct W2 candidates
By joining Client's MetaData Engineering group you'll have the benefits of working for a large, public company while spending your days in a small, fast-paced team. Our job is to build software that helps people find the entertainment they enjoy. We spend a lot of time thinking about how to optimize the discovery experience, but we also passionately debate which of Trainspotting or Napoleon Dynamite is the best movie of all time. We like TV and movies. You don't have to like them too, but, "it'd be a lot cooler if you did." We need new ideas and new approaches, and someone ready to contribute from the start.
The basic responsibilities for the job may include:
• Design, implement, and document core technology components
• Develop custom applications using internal software frameworks
• Develop and customize data mining and statistical techniques for operation on large datasets
• Update, optimize, and administer large-scale data processing routines
Discovery solutions for television are changing fast. Internet connected TVs are disrupting the marketplace. Because of the rate of change, the primary qualities that we are looking for in candidates centers around general intelligence and problem solving skill, rather than specialization and specific work experience.