Back to Jobs
Sr Software Engineer - Java / API
We have following urgent role with our DIRECT client
TITLE: Sr Software Engineer - Java / API
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6+ months
Compensation: Competitive ( DOE )
The mission of this group at Client organisation is to increase the lifetime value of existing and potential customers via Targeted, Event Triggered Marketing. We do this by building systems and applications that incorporate the large scale store activity and online activity data in real-time, and exposing services/APIs that enables realtime retargeting. You’ll be challenged to create applications that will impact millions of customers in a true global environment.
• Bachelor's Degree and 4 yrs. of experience; OR Master’s Degree with 2 yrs. of experience in Computer Science or related field
• 5 years of experience building scalable eCommerce applications
• Work with Java and other related technologies to design and develop robust high-performance and scalable applications
• 2+ year(s) of experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), RESTful web services
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions across all environments
• Utilize industry research to improve Wal-Mart’s technology environment.
• Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, etc.
• Strong DB skills are a must, should be very strong with SQL queries
• Experience with Linux systems programming
• A self-motivated learner and builder with strong customer focus and obsession with quality
• Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code is a plus