Back to Jobs
Sr. Java Back-end Engineer ( with Cassandra )
We have the following urgent requirement with our direct client:
Title: Sr. Java Back-end Engineer ( with Cassandra )
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 5+ months
Experience in Cassandra is highly desirable
* Become a key member of a highly-valuable, innovative team solving the challenge of obtaining product data for the entire Client store assortment and making it available to various multichannel teams
* Help invent the next generation of ecommerce; integrated experiences that leverage product data for various use cases across client website, stores and mobile
* Work with world-class technologists and product visionaries as a contributing member of the client core engineering team
* Design and develop high-performance and scalable applications for use within the Client product ecosystem
* Be responsible for laying the foundation for the platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development, monitoring of software, etc.
* Be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
* MS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 2+ years of experience building scalable e-Commerce applications or mobile software; OR BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 5+ years of experience building scalable applications.
* Strong knowledge in data structures and algorithms.
* Must have experience with Core Java, J2EE, Spring framework, Web services and SQL/No SQL databases.
* Data processing solutions such as Cassandra ( preferred ) , Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search and Solr is a plus
* Understanding of requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications
* Strong debugging, profiling, and system performance knowledge.
* Experience with Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools such as R and MATLAB is a plus.
* Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies.