Back to Jobs
Software Operation Engineer - Java / REST / Oracle - Level 2 support
We have following urgent need with our DIRECT client
Title - Software Operation Engineer - Java / REST / Oracle - Level 2 support
Duration - 6+ months
Location - Sunnyvale, CA
Rate : DOE
* This role is in Level 2 support team , which supports 10 to 15 large size products /applications within organization.
* Ideal candidate will have strong mind-set for troubleshooting and debugging with good skills in multiple technologies Like
• Experience in Designing, developing, and be able to troubleshoot Java REST Web Services APIs involving the latest Java 8 language and advanced technologies, methods, concepts, and approaches
• Experience in designing, developing and be able to debug event-driven, real-time applications
• Triage the issue, decide the priority of the issue based on SLA guidelines and resolve or initiate ticket to Support Level 2.
• Use Java database technologies including Spring Data and JPA
• Advanced knowledge of SQL including complex SQL queries (ex: using various joins and sub-queries) and best practices Familiarity with RDBMS principles, database design and normalization Familiarity with Agile principles and methodology.
• Experience with advanced query design, stored procedures, views and functions Experience with index design and T-SQL performance tuning techniques Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
• Ensures Data Integrity with SQL databases
* Must have a Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 6+ years of experience building scalable Web applications;
* 5+ years experience developing using J2EE technologies
* Experience with Technical Support for complex software Appilcations
* Must have experience with J2EE in past.
* Thorough knowledge and experience implementing / Supporting REST Web Services.
* Strong knowledge in data structures and Java technologies.
* Strong debugging, profiling, and system performance knowledge
• Utilize the following skills: Linux/Unix Operating Systems; Oracle database, Kafka, Solr, Cassandra