Back to Jobs
Data Center Technician - Operations
We are urgently looking to fill below role with our direct client .
Title: Data Center Technician
Location: Sunnyvale - CA
Duration: 5+ months
Client is looking for a Data Center technician to support our servers and infrastructure in our Milpitas data center.
- rack and cable Dell servers in a data center environment
- troubleshoot basic server hw issues with help of vendor support
- organize and maintain current and new ethernet/fiber cabling within racks
- respond to requests for hw changes such as memory upgrades, hard drive swaps, etc.
- coordinate with systems admin team on reconciling monitoring issues
- record inventory changes in web based database
Desired skills and experience:
Previous experience working in a data center very helpful.
Experience with basic techniques for running ethernet and/or fiber cables useful.
Demonstrated attention to detail.
Experience with Dell PowerEdge (or major brand) hardware useful but not required. Ability to learn tasks and procedures relating to data center operations as needed. Fast learner, professional attitude.
Some user level experience with applications on Windows/Mac/Linux required.
Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking useful but not required.
Ability to lift 25 to 35 lbs. Occasional tasks require completion during off-hours and some flexibility in scheduling hours is needed. Occasional brief travel may be required.