Back to Jobs
Senior Data Engineer ( Teradata / SQL )
We have following urgent role with our DIRECT client
TITLE: Senior Data Engineer ( Teradata / SQL )
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6+ months
Compensation: Competitive ( DOE )
• Knowledge/experience on Teradata Physical Design and Implementation, Teradata SQL Performance Optimization
• Experience with Teradata Tools and Utilities (FastLoad, MultiLoad, BTEQ, FastExport)
• Advanced SQL (preferably Teradata)
• Strong background in transforming big data into business insights
* BS degree in specific technical fields like computer science, math, statistics preferred
• Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Apache Spark, etc.).
• Strong Hadoop scripting skills to process petabytes of data
• Experience in Unix/Linux shell scripting or similar programming/scripting knowledge
• Experience in ETL/ processes
• Real time data ingestion (Kafka)
Nice to Have
• Development experience with Java, Scala, Flume, Python
• Automic scheduler
• R/R studio, SAS experience a plus
• Tableau or similar reporting/dash boarding tool
• Modeling and Data Science background
• Retail industry background
• Very Strong engineering skills. Should have an analytical approach and have good programming skills.
• Provide business insights, while leveraging internal tools and systems, databases and industry data
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience. Experience in retail business will be a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for varied audiences on engineering subject matter
• Ability to document requirements, data lineage, subject matter in both business and technical terminology.
• Demonstrated ability to transform business requirements to code, specific analytical reports and tools
• This role will involve coding, analytical modeling, root cause analysis, investigation, debugging, testing and collaboration with the business partners, product managers other engineering team.