Back to Jobs
Sr. Database Administrator/ Engineer (Big Data/ Cassandra Focus)
Title: Sr. Database Administrator/ Engineer (Big Data/ Cassandra Focus)
Location: San Mateo, CA
Duration: 6 to 12+ months
* Local candidates are strongly preferred, but non-locals OK.
* Quick closure.
We are looking for Senior Engineer and Leader who has vast experience in database engineering / administration with large enterprise and reasonable experience with Big data systems/ database like Cassandra, MongoDB, NoSQL, HBase etc. This leader will also work closely with application team for Big data related applications and get involved from architecture and database infrastructure perspective.
SKILL and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* MUST: At least, 10+ years of Database DBA / DBE experience
* MUST: At least 1.5+ years of Big Data, MongoDB and Cassandra Database engineering / Administration experience.
* Must: Experience and understanding of Big data, HBase, Map reduce and related technologies, architecture9i/10g/11g experience in a production environment with large size database
* MUST: At least 3+ year of Oracle 10g/11g DBA and/or MySQL Database administration experience in a critical production environment with large size database
* MUST: Knowledge in a broad range of web applications using Cassandra / NoSQL software stack hosted on common Linux platforms.
* MUST: Strong understanding and experience of Oracle Database Engineering
* MUST: Strong SQL skills along with performance tuning experience
* MUST: Expert knowledge of UNIX - Solaris, Linux
* MUST: Expertise in backup/recovery/fail-over methods and best practices.
* Preferred: Understanding of opensoruce search technologies like "Solr" and its use with Big data