Title: Senior Core Java Developer
Location: Emeryville, CA
Length: 6 to 12+ months
Rate: DOE ( Competitive )
* Start date is ASAP
* Local candidates are strongly preferred
* Quick closure.
* In-person interview is required after phone interview.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* 8+ years of software industry experience
* 6+ years of hands-on coding experience in server side infrastructure.
* Solid understanding of Core Java, Data structures, Algorithms, Collections etc
* Strong experience in Apache, HTTP/ 1.1, Python, RESTful web services.
* Solid background in Java, J2EE, Servlets, Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, JDBC
* Reasonable understanding and experience in Database, SQL (Oracle preferred)
* Deliver enterprise class web and/or wireless products
* Strong current Unix/Linux skills
* Experience working with constrained devices and platforms is a plus
* Solid communication skills, creative problem solving skills and attention to detail
* Experience in Agile development.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
* Designing product features and presenting them to engineering and other groups.
* Developing algorithms that are efficient, maintainable, extensible, easy to understand, and according to best development practices.
* Working closely with QA team to help define proper testing techniques, review the plans, correct product defects and assist QA engineers in test strategy.
* Assisting the Deployment, Operations, and Sales teams with the investigation and resolution of customer issues.
* Working closely with technical writers to ensure detailed product documents are maintained."