Back to Jobs
Sr. Java Engineer - Platform (Core Java)
We are actively looking for following role for our direct client.
TITLE: Sr. Java Engineer - Platform (Core Java) - Multiple openings
Number of openings: Multiple
Level: (Senior Engineer or Staff or Architect)
LOCATION: San Bruno, CA or Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6+ months contract to hire or Full-time ( your choice )
Our Client's Platform team is all about frameworks that operate in a high-scale, distributed, multi-tenancy environment. Our Client is looking for core Java Engineers (senior levels - Staff or Principal) interested in defining the next-generation, greenfield foundation for one of the largest companies in the world. This is a unique opportunity to start fresh and focus on Platform components from the ground up, including distributed computing, IaaS, PaaS, Service Oriented Architectures, automation, data analytics, NoSql, big data, logging, monitoring, diagnostics, security and several other frameworks that complete the portfolio of products required to build a world-class Platform
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 8+ years of extensive Java / JEE programming experience with a focus on server side components.
* 3+ years Experience with Apache Tomcat, Oracle RAC technologies preferably within a high volume eCommerce environment
* Expertise in design / developing platform components like caching, messaging, event processing, automation, transformation and tooling frameworks.
* Experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java applications.
* Experience and passion to work in a fast paced Agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations.
* Experience in building SOA systems.
* Expertise with some or all of Apache, JBoss / Tomcat, JMS or other application servers like WebLogic, etc.
* Knowledge of databases - SQL and NoSQL.
* Experience and knowledge of cloud enabled services / applications.
* Experience in building scalable, high performing and robust Java applications.
* Learn existing Platform capabilities at a detailed level. This includes the Caching Architecture, Database Access Layer, Database Connection Pooling Module, Messaging etc
* Solves Live Site problems and develop tools to discover future occurrences.
* Develops automation and tooling for various workflows throughout the environments including production.
* Participates in design meetings of new features and extensions to the existing Platform capabilities.
* Works with architects to ensure that designs align with future Platform technologies.
* Supports standards and practices with technical and business partners as needed.