Back to Jobs
Sr. Software Engineer (Node.js Web Services)
We have following urgent role with our DIRECT client
Title: Sr. Software Engineer (Node.js Web Services)
LOCATION: Portland, OR
DURATION: 6+ months
Compensation: Competitive ( DOE )
Client is the idea incubator inside the world’s largest global retailer. We are developing products that rethink the customer experience and impact billions of transactions. Our agile team of engineers, data scientists, and product managers work together to envision, prototype, and build extraordinary products. Every day is an opportunity to reshape the eCommerce landscape while having a lasting impact on the industry. With over 3,000 associates in Silicon Valley, San Diego, Portland, Brazil, United Kingdom and India, we’re bringing together some of the best professionals from around the world.
The ideal Senior Software Engineering candidate is someone who is strong in Node.js web services, comfortable with a variety of technologies, and is able to ramp up quickly on new ones. We are looking for top talent that is results-oriented and has excellent problem-solving skills with a strong work ethic. Someone who is customer focused, highly motivated, and a self-starter. In an ideal future team-mate, we are looking for the following:
* Contribute to and drive the end-to-end solutions for Walmart Pay initiatives
* Deliver world class services in a full vertical stack team
* Work closely with partner teams and contribute code to any repos as necessary for the Walmart Pay work
* Experiment with new technologies and build quick prototypes
* Contribute to split/bucket testing strategies to see what works best for consumers
* Contribute to enhancing the team's best practices that increase quality, accuracy, and speed to market
* Continually increase your skillset and contribute to enhancing the team's skillset
* Bachelor's Degree and 4 yrs. of experience; OR Master’s Degree with 2 yrs. of experience in Computer Science or related field
* 5+ years of software engineering experience
* 3+ years of recent Node.js experience
* 3+ years experience designing and building clean web services and REST APIs
* 2+ years experience in continuous integration and delivery.
* Experience in building fault-tolerant, high performance distributed systems
* Well-factored codebases with thorough test coverage.
* Willingness to learn new technologies and ramp up quickly
* Ability to work in a fast-moving, agile environment (scrum, lean, extreme, etc)
* Experience with DevOps
* Experience with a second programming language
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Experience with transactions, queues, and messaging
Employee Referral Program:
We are hiring !
The Employee referral bonus is $500 per referral after the new full-time employee successfully completes 90 days.
The referral bonus for hourly contractor is $250 after the completion of 90 days.
However, managers who have hiring/team building as part of regular management duties are not eligible in the program.
Please send in resumes to Redolent, Inc., 4620 Fortran Drive, Suite 201, San Jose, CA 95134