Back to Jobs
Data Center Technician
We are urgently looking for Data Center Technician for our Direct client requirement
Title: Data Center Technician
Location: Sunnyvale - CA
Duration: 9+ months
- rack and cable Dell servers in a data center environment
- troubleshoot basic server hw issues with help of vendor support
- organize and maintain current and new ethernet/fiber cabling within racks
- respond to requests for hw changes such as memory upgrades, hard drive swaps, etc.
- coordinate with systems admin team on reconciling monitoring issues
- record inventory changes in web based database
Desired skills and experience:
Previous experience working in a data center very helpful.
Experience with basic techniques for running ethernet and/or fiber cables useful.
Demonstrated attention to detail.
Experience with Dell PowerEdge (or major brand) hardware useful but not required. Ability to learn tasks and procedures relating to data center operations as needed. Fast learner, professional attitude.
Some user level experience with applications on Windows/Mac/Linux required.
Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking useful but not required.
Ability to lift 35 lbs. Occasional tasks require completion during off-hours and some flexibility in scheduling hours is needed. Occasional brief travel may be required.
Employee Referral Program:
We are hiring !
The Employee referral bonus is $500 per referral after the new full-time employee successfully completes 90 days.
The referral bonus for hourly contractor is $250 after the completion of 90 days.
However, managers who have hiring/team building as part of regular management duties are not eligible in the program.
Please send in resumes to Redolent, Inc., 4620 Fortran Drive, Suite 201, San Jose, CA 95134