Back to Jobs
Application DevOps Engineer
We have following urgent role with our DIRECT client
Title: Application DevOps Engineer
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6+ months
Compensation: Competitive ( DOE )
• Knowledge or at least familiarity with Linux shell, system internals, network, java applications and MySQL databases.
• Love for debugging: troubleshooting and debugging monitoring alerts and internet connectivity issues.
• Ability to read and understand server/systems logs and produce meaningful issue analyses.
• Good analytics, troubleshooting skills and intuition about probable root cause.
• Familiarity with Splunk, Python, Apache, rsync and monitoring/alerting tools like Nagios, PagerDuty, OpsGenie will be a plus.
• Supporting and monitoring a 24/7 high-quality video streaming service in a fast paced startup-like environment.
• Participation in oncall rotation, carrying oncall phone.
• Promptly responding to alerts and other issues raised by customers or internal business units.
• Promptly notifying relevant parties and acknowledging alerts.
• Promptly working with vendors, third party service providers (Content delivery networks, payment gateways, content licensing partners etc.) and internal teams to solve production issues.
• Collecting approvals and running software rollouts post-approvals.
• Working on day-to-day tasks like managing user access and supporting internal business units.
• Troubleshooting and fixing infrastructure issues from hardware layer to application layers with no or minimal supervision.
• Working on tailoring monitoring and alerting systems to avoid false positives and update alert related settings.
• Reviewing alerts, emails, updating relevant teams in meetings regarding issues and outages.
Employee Referral Program:
We are hiring !
The Employee referral bonus is $500 per referral after the new full-time employee successfully completes 90 days.
The referral bonus for hourly contractor is $250 after the completion of 90 days.
However, managers who have hiring/team building as part of regular management duties are not eligible in the program.
Please send in resumes to Redolent, Inc., 4620 Fortran Drive, Suite 201, San Jose, CA 95134