Back to Jobs
Sr Technical Writer - Software Products / API / eCommerce
We have following urgent role with our DIRECT client
TITLE: Sr Technical Writer - Software Products / API / eCommerce
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6+ months
Compensation: Competitive ( DOE )
Technical Writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon.
As a Technical Writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help center queries and FAQs.
Technical Writers play a big part at Client. They are a key link between Engineers, Product Managers, Developers, and users, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the technical experience.
As a Technical Writer working on developer products, you might support some of the world's most popular developer platforms. You might have a background as a developer or devops engineer, and write as a hobby; or perhaps you're an experienced communicator who loves digging deep into code. One thing is for certain - you are passionate about helping developers do amazing things.
The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality developer focused technical content, drive complex documentation projects, collaborate with designers and technologists, and quickly grasp new technical concepts with enthusiasm.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 2 years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
• Experience with source code written in Java, and/or nodejs.
• Exceptional command of the English language, both orally and written
• 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).
• Proficiency with HTML and CSS
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Experience writing for the IT pro audience, dev ops audience, or developer audience
• Experience working directly with designers and technical subject matter experts
• Write technical documentation for internal or external developer audiences, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
• Design and organize documentation sets for new developer products.
• Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
• Manage complex documentation projects.
• Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code.
Employee Referral Program:
We are hiring !
The Employee referral bonus is $500 per referral after the new full-time employee successfully completes 90 days.
The referral bonus for hourly contractor is $250 after the completion of 90 days.
However, managers who have hiring/team building as part of regular management duties are not eligible in the program.
Please send in resumes to Redolent, Inc., 4620 Fortran Drive, Suite 201, San Jose, CA 95134