Back to Jobs
Sr. Software Engineer - Java / Cloud Platform
We have following urgent role with our DIRECT client
Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Java / Cloud Platform
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 12+ months
Compensation: Competitive ( DOE )
As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to drive the requirements for and own large components of the system throughout their lifecycle: requirements, architecture/design, implementation, testing, and launch. You will need to exhibit strong leadership and communication skills, define and successfully execute on the engineering and release priorities in a very agile application development environment. It’s a self-service model where you own your code from design through implementation, test automation and support.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5-7 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
• 5+ years object-oriented experience with Java-based systems
• Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure systems and client-server architectures
• Experience writing multi-threaded high performance applications
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google cloud or similar
• Experience developing using either relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL,
and/or MySQL or NoSQL databases such as CouchBase, Cassandra, Mongo DB etc.
• Experience in Unit-testing (Junit, TestNG, Jmock, MockIt, etc.)
• Experience in Source Control systems such as Git, ClearCase, CVS, Subversion
• Proficiency with Active MQ, Rabbit MQ and similar messaging solutions
• Proficiency in one or more of scripting languages (Shell, Groovy, Python, Ruby, C , etc.)
• Understanding of network elements such as firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT
• Experience developing using Spring framework, Hibernate and JPA
• Experience in Agile methodology and TDD (test driven development)
• Experience profiling Java applications
• Experience with Unix command line tools
• Experience using configuration management tools such Chef and Puppet
• Understanding of Ruby on Rails and other web application frameworks
• General knowledge of storage concepts and protocols in relation to virtualized/cloud environments.
• Ensure product readiness by working with product owners and developers to define, design, and support implementation
• Create and recommend solution design options factoring in requirements, standards and current Infrastructure environment. Communicate and present solutions to the other stakeholders
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Develop user focused solutions spanning multiple Infrastructure technologies
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
Employee Referral Program:
We are hiring !
The Employee referral bonus is $500 per referral after the new full-time employee successfully completes 90 days.
The referral bonus for hourly contractor is $250 after the completion of 90 days.
However, managers who have hiring/team building as part of regular management duties are not eligible in the program.
Please send in resumes to Redolent, Inc., 4620 Fortran Drive, Suite 201, San Jose, CA 95134