Back to Jobs
Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud Platform / Java
We have following urgent role with our DIRECT client
Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud Platform / Java
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6+ months
Compensation: Competitive ( DOE )
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical discipline and 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- Must have hands on programming experience in following languages: Java. -- MUST
- In-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimization
- Expert level skills in multi-threading, concurrency, and error-handling
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
- Experience with building high performance distributed systems that can scale to 100,000s QPS.
- Experience with developing and running large scale distributed storage systems, service oriented architectures, and reliable monitoring and deployment infrastructure.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra). Know how and when to use both NoSQL and relational database approaches, and know the tradeoffs between both
- Experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Spark, Solr, and Zookeeper
- Experience with Caching Implementation ( Couchbase, Memcache etc..)
- Integrating/Moving functionality into the Cloud Data Platform
- Comfortable working across front-end and back-end systems to build scalable, preformat, fault-tolerant applications
- Thorough knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture. have experience building and integrating REST APIs, microservices, and message queues, cache
- Strong working knowledge of distributed services, multi-threading, performance optimization at scale for high throughput-low latency applications.
- Ability to write automated unit/integration test cases
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Messaging (Kafka/Tibco)
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, Cucumber, or similar)
- Java 8 experience (such as lambda expressions) is a plus.
- Continuous integration (Jenkins) is a plus
Employee Referral Program:
We are hiring !
The Employee referral bonus is $500 per referral after the new full-time employee successfully completes 90 days.
The referral bonus for hourly contractor is $250 after the completion of 90 days.
However, managers who have hiring/team building as part of regular management duties are not eligible in the program.
Please send in resumes to Redolent, Inc., 4620 Fortran Drive, Suite 201, San Jose, CA 95134