Back to Jobs
Sr. Software Engineer / Lead - Cloud Platform and Ops
We have following urgent role with our DIRECT client
TITLE: Sr. Software Engineer /Lead - Cloud Platform and Ops
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6+ months
Compensation: Competitive ( DOE )
OneOps enables continuous lifecycle management of complex, business-critical application workloads on any cloud-based infrastructure. OneOps streamlines the three phases of the lifecycle - Design, Transition and Operations. Additionally, OneOps supports many cloud platforms and providers - public, private and local.
We are looking for engineers that can do everything so our solutions are never limited. Our current technology stack includes Linux, Java, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Ruby, Rails, Elastic Search, Chef
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5-7 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
* 5+ years object-oriented experience with Java-based systems
* Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure systems and client-server architectures
* Experience writing multi-threaded high performance applications
* Experience with Cloud Computing platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google cloud or similar
* Experience developing using either relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL,
and/or MySQL or NoSQL databases such as CouchBase, Cassandra, Mongo DB etc.
* Experience in Unit-testing (Junit, TestNG, Jmock, MockIt, etc.)
* Experience in Source Control systems such as Git, ClearCase, CVS, Subversion
* Proficiency with Active MQ, Rabbit MQ and similar messaging solutions
* Proficiency in one or more of scripting languages (Shell, Groovy, Python, Ruby, C , etc.)
* Understanding of network elements such as firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT
* Experience developing using Spring framework, Hibernate and JPA
* Experience in Agile methodology and TDD (test driven development)
* Experience profiling Java applications
* Experience with Unix command line tools
* Experience using configuration management tools such Chef and Puppet
* Understanding of Ruby on Rails and other web application frameworks
* General knowledge of storage concepts and protocols in relation to virtualized/cloud environments.
As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to drive the requirements for and own large components of the system throughout their lifecycle: requirements, architecture/design, implementation, testing, and launch.
* Ensure product readiness by working with product owners and developers to define, design, and support implementation
* Create and recommend solution design options factoring in requirements, standards and current Infrastructure environment. Communicate and present solutions to the other stakeholders
* Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
* Develop user focused solutions spanning multiple Infrastructure technologies
* Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
Employee Referral Program:
We are hiring !
The Employee referral bonus is $500 per referral after the new full-time employee successfully completes 90 days.
The referral bonus for hourly contractor is $250 after the completion of 90 days.
However, managers who have hiring/team building as part of regular management duties are not eligible in the program.
Please send in resumes to Redolent, Inc., 4620 Fortran Drive, Suite 201, San Jose, CA 95134