Back to Jobs
Staff Software Engineer - Back-end
We have the following urgent requirement with our direct client:
Title: Staff Software Engineer - Back-end ( Java / Big data )
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6+ months ( Contract to Hire option available )
- Role to create robust, scalable Advertising data platform for this hiring group within Client organization, which involves processing massive amount of data. This involves algorithms, distributed computing etc
- Primary skills are scala, spark and python
- There is No UI or front-end work involved.
- Data is stored in Hive / HDFS
- Computer Engineering fundamentals, data structures, Algorithms and strong programming/design ability is important for this role
• 8+ years of experience with building scalable, high performing and robust applications; design, develop, test and operate code across multiple productions systems
• Advanced coding skills in C++/Java/C#/Scala/Python and willingness to learn new technologies
• Experience with Intellij, Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
• Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 8 years’ experience or Master's Degree + 6 years experience building scalable e-commerce applications
• Experience with no-sql technologies like Cassandra, couchbase, Flume or Hbase.
• Experience with big data methodologies involving Hadoop and Spark.
• Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
• Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, JIRA, etc)
• Writing code for large-scale Analytics systems that are capable of ingesting, managing, storing and analyzing hundreds of terabytes of data